Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shipping A Simplicity Tractor

jmarkb

Hi mark the least expensive way really is to probably to strap it to a pallet try to make the tractor light as possible and if any parts stick out and take up room room them and ship them seperatly also if your looking for an adventure you could have the tractor dismantled and shipped to you in pieces although all those heavy boxes with metal pieces might look suspicous good luck BTW what kinda tractor are you looking to ship?thanks..mike

There is no cheap way to ship something as bulky and heavy as a tractor commercially. Plus, most shippers want it palletized and crated which adds more weight and expense. The best way is to find somebody that is traveling the direction you want with room to haul, like a pickup truck, and you offer to help with gas. I had three tractors shipped to me in Colorado from Texas by a friend of a friend ( another tractor buff) who was moving to the state. It cost me about $200. If you know any car dealers, sometimes they buy cars at distant dealer auctions, have their purchases transported to them, and the transport returns empty and you can hitch a ride for low cost. Twice I had cars shipped that way for about $300. Maybe if you identify in a posting where in the midwest you want to ship from, a club member will have a contact.