Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

maybe im to strong.....

MikeDAmico

Hi guys my wonderful and faithful sidekick my b-1 has given me a problem that i cant fix,the main adjusting need one the carb,the nut that holds on it broke off and left half of its self in the carb to where i cant get it out i thought easy outs might work cause i already broke one carb bolt but the reason the needle but broke because it was leaking badly and when i tried to see if it was loose it broke off now leaving me tractorless,so what can i do to get this out ?any help appricaited i dont want to take the carb apart because i just had the motor rebuilt.....mike in illinois

Mike, I'm afraid your problem sounds serious. If the needle screw won't come out with an ez-out, it's probably really corroded in there and you'll damage the the threads trying to get it out. You may have to replace the carb with a new or rebuilt one or find a used one and rebuild it yourself. You can buy rebuild kits and it really isn't that hard to do. If the carb was leaking, it probably needed rebuilt anyway. There are resources on this site for doing carb work. Removing and reinstalling a carburetor doesn't affect an engine rebuild, if that's what concerns you. The carb comes off with two bolts and disconnecting the throttle/governor and choke linkages.

Hi thanks for the input it realy isnt corroded in there but its stuck,so does anyone have rebuild kits for one or maybe i could just buy the bottom half of the carb anybody out there have either or know who does?thanks...mike

Mike, as a last resort try soaking that part of the carb in Marvel Mystery oil and then try to remove it with the easy out. I have had fantastic results with the mystery oil Mike Mattingly