Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift – battery power/energy drain

Magnus_Forssell

Electric lift on a 7016H – battery power/energy drain. When I am using the electric lift, mainly with my Snowplow/Dozer Blade, while grading fore instance the road up to our summerhouse it take a lot of power from the battery. When using the electric lift frequently it almost drains out all the power of the battery and make it difficult to restart the engine if you fore some reason have to shut of the engine temporary. Then after a while, the battery will reload it self but several times I have had to jumpstart it. THE BATTERY IS NEW so I don’t think that the battery is the problem. Have any one of you experienced the same problem or could I be some bad electric connection in the electric lift that makes it use extraordinary much “energy”? Sincerely yours Magnus Forssell of Sweden

I have the electric lift on my 3310 and have found it to put a heavy load on the battery only when using it constantly to do heavy work. Here I have a Johnny Bucket Jr. full of dirt and on the back is the extension, counterweight and either one or two collar weights. I had a 350 CCA battery that was two years old. I noticed that at the end of the day the lift had drained the battery enough to notice it was moving slower. This was after 6 hours or so of moving dirt. I have since purchased a car battery for this tractor, getting the biggest one that would fit in the space there. I think it's a 650 CCA battery. I wouldn't think that a snowplow alone would put too much load on the system. I also had my S/G in for new bearings and brushes and an overall inspection and test about a year ago. It was putting out a little lower than expected, Jim said. Since I have no other loads on my electrical system I wasn't worried about it. If you have a low output and lights, electric clutch, etc. you may be overloading the capacity of your S/G. Any auto electric shop should be able to do the tests and repair. It was $25 to get mine done.