Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Still need part(s) for Landlord 2110 Hydraulics

powerking_one

Gang, I know I shouldn't be posting this request in this forum, but my quest and pleas for these parts have been fruitless for months now. I thought the picture below might be an attention grabber to someone out there. I need the ram bracket and pin to make this tractor project complete and "correct". The various other lift components I've found used, so that tells me once complete hydro-lift kits have been parted out; no one ever has this bracket & pin. Where did they all go? Are they subject to breaking (looks like a damned heavy duty item to me). Sandy Lakes wants to keep their lift kits complete, but Bill also has some individual parts (but where'd the brackets go?). Sorry Maynard/Kent, but could you leave this one here for a week or so before it needs to moved out of this forum? Frustrated, Tom(PK)

Tom I see no problem with it here. What this site is all about is helping each other with their tractors and locating needed parts and supplies and the resources needed to keep them going. Most likely it is the best place to post it as it will get the most exposure here Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Tim, It appears that you want to be totally original, but if it were me, I would make or get someone to make a copy of those parts. You could try to borrow the parts from a complete unit, have some made then return the originals. They do not look difficult to fabricate. Rod H.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA: Tim, It appears that you want to be totally original, but if it were me, I would make or get someone to make a copy of those parts. You could try to borrow the parts from a complete unit, have some made then return the originals. They do not look difficult to fabricate. Rod H.
I agree. I think these are kind of like tiller drives -- they tend to remain on the tractor since they use the top two mounting holes for the BGB. The originals are cast iron, but welding some up out of steel would work fine, I think. Best thing is that these are completely hidden beneath the panel around the shifter. You'd have to disassemble the tractor to know that they weren't original... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Rod, Who's Tim?(LOL) I'm sure just an oversight. Well my tractor already had someone's home made "cheese-master deluxe special" bracket made--complete with wrong geometry. That's why I seek this part out. Even if I could borrow someone's correct bracket, that'd be a big step forward. Big question remains: where'd all these brackets go (to the tune of "Where did all the flowers go......."). A guy with a B-110 at the Arcadia, MD show last week also had to make his bracket. Hmmmmm. Tom(PK)

I would imagine that there are quite a few that went to the bone yard unobserved under the frames of the old tractors. When were they last made, 30 years ago? Try some of the bone yards listed in the resource section as a start.

The pin is easy to pull, but the bolts take a little work. Most people have the attitude, "don't sweat the small things". Unfortunately, these small things can be a real pain when you are installing for the first time rather than replacing. I myself have spent many hours resurrecting items that were cobbled up by the previous owners. For my own machines, I usually make the parts that are missing (brackets, bushings, linkages, adapters, etc.) if they can be fabricated from structural materials. Sorry "Tom", It was just a typo. Remember the "i" is the key beside the "o", and I get fumble fingered quite often. Guess I didn't do a good proofreading job before I posted the reply. Rod H.

Well my current search status has yielded some hope. My brother visited Ray's Mower shop in Boyerstown, PA (between Reading and Allentown) last week. He's got a boneyard of tractors and mowers of all types which goes on for acres!. They used to let the customer walk through and do the hunting, but no longer (insurance risks I guess). I had to fax -Tim- a picture of the parts from the parts list. They are not on the internet and don't have email though. I'll post their info in the resource/links area if you guys think it'd be beneficial. Ray's Mower Shop 112 Terrace Rd BOYERTOWN, PA 19512 610-367-2078 610-367-2079 (fax) Hopefully, Tom(PK)

FYI: Ray's is listed on the main site in the list of Salvage Yards in the Parts section... http://simpletractors.com/parts/salvage_yards.htm The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...