Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Does Anyone out There,,,

dlcentral

Have the ['59 approx]sales literature for the 700 Sim that I could buy a copy of,, as I would like to show my 700 Sim this fall with the sickle bar and dual wheel set-up just like in the sales lit pic? btw am I the only one who is experiencing this site being SLOW?? Am using IE 6.0?? and delete temp int files every day,,thanks as always,,

Can't help you on your lit info but I too spend a lot of time waiting for the site to lock in using net 6.2. Sometimes its really jumpy when I scroll down a post, drives my eye balls nuts..MPH

Dave, try leaving your temporary internet files in for a day or two and see if it helps. Otherwise, you have to wait while it downloads every icon and the picture in the heading. If they're in your cache, they load from your hard drive or the computer's memory, once you've viewed a page. Marty, I'm posting this using Netscape 6.2 (on a PC). Are you talking about how the tables "draw" on the screen, or when you use the scroll bar to move down to the bottom of a screen, once the screen has appeared? Tables move around while they're "filling up" with information in Netscape, but I'm not seeing anything strange when I scroll down.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

OK Kent,I will take tour advice,Find a good hood yet? I dont have one,only 64 landlord or B-10,different style,, if I had one, I would give you mine? thx,,dlc

I think I found a hood off a B-212 that a member is getting ready to part out. I didn't realize how different these hoods are, until I started lookin into it... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, I was talking of the little arrow on the bottom rt of the screen, used when I scroll down a post through the replies. Sometimes it works smooth and others its real jumppy, could just be bush net. Net 6 seems to take 45 to 60 seconds for the 'N' to stop moving, which I refered to as locked-in, when I go from reading a post to replyin or back to the forum. Not sure its normal or not, but it get time cosumming. Thanks for any guidence..I might be here for 2-3 weeks..MPH

Dave, I have the literature. I'd rather keep it but could get good copies made at Kinkos for which you would of course pay. My time would be for free. If I lend it to you for your show we can work out what the penalty will be if I don't get it back. On the second page the dual wheel setup and sickle bar is displayed.

Marty, Try a different method. Try clicking on the long, lighter gray bar on the right side, hold down the mouse button and pull it down the screen... Maybe that will scroll smoother for you, it does for me. I'll keep using it for a few days and see what I find. Feels kind of like driving someone else's car, though, I must admit... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Dave, whadda ya mean SLOW?......Really I don't think its much worse THAN WATCHING PAINT DRY...................... I had IE 5 and upgraded to IE 6 last week. Now its 12 seconds slower than it was before. A guy could fall asleep waiting for pages to chan.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sam, Dave, I have the same problem. Could be many things, but I think it's our server or bandwidth. If you think it's the new clubhouse software, check out this demo and see if it's slow too..... > http://www.forumco.com/demo/default.asp

Dutch That site is fast but their is nothing there for content. This site has slowed down in the last couple days. I am on satillite and useing ie6 and to day it was takeing me 2 to 3 min to load a post on the ebay forum when I usealy can do 1 a min as fast as it will allow and the other pages are takeing all day to load. Not realy but almost and the times at the botom of the page lie. If I am complaining it is slow plus I have been getting alot of error messages and it is takeing 7 or 8 tries to delete a post. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Hey Sam,, Thats what I did also,upped to ie6,,and it seems slower! its all a game new software means need a new puter to run it!lol,,at 64 mr ram mine is obsolete,,

Gee Dave, mine has twice the memory yours does and its still 6 years obsoloete. A P133 just don't seem to run much anymore in the way of new software. Guess I'll have to upgrade one of these days to something thats only 2 -3 years obsolete LoL...

OK, I hear ya. I just sent an email to Tech Support complaining. I haven't been able to keep an eye on it very well today -- too busy trying to earn a paycheck... A few points: 1. A new versions of Snitz that is much faster is coming. The new base Snitz code has been released and has been pretty well tested. It's V3.4, compared to this v3.3, or the v3.1 site that Dutch linked above. It has some neat functions that come "standard equipment" now. You can see the basic Snitz code running at the Snitz site on a server in London, England: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/default.asp 2. One of the two main Snitz programmers has taken this base code and updated his "portal code" that I used for the clubhouse. I've been helping him test it over the last few weeks. It should be available in the next week or 10 days. Then, I'll need to add the custom tweaks that I've done here -- pictures in classified ads, Registry, etc. Some of the things that have been added to that site, I've already done here -- such as the dropdown menu. You can see a see that test code runing on the same server mentioned above, in London: http://www.magicmushroom.org.uk/forum/portal_content.asp 3. In conjunction with upgrading to a new version of the clubhouse, I'll be changing servers and hosting companies. So, we'll get to see if it is problems with the host or server. The primary reason I'm changing though, it to go to a hosting service that doesn't charge additional prices for bandwidth used -- the site has been running waaaaaaay in the red for the last few months due to bandwidth charges, and that is neither conducive to family harmony nor enlarging my tractor collection. The bottom line is that I'm trying to address the speed issues as best I can. I can't provide new computers or RAM though... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, using that light gray bar is a lot like driving somonelses car, a sports car as a matter of fact. thanks for a quick trip down to the bottom.MPH