Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
UCD

Impact This

UCD
Impact This There is nothing new about impact tools unless you never ran into one or thought they were only for tire changing mechanics. The air powered tool found in the auto shop comes to mind first but they can be had with an electric cord, a battery or the good old armstrong model. The cordless models are working their way on to construction sites as a tool for turning screws but what about that hand operated one? Sometimes called a nut or screw buster this tool turns a striking force into a turning force and breaks loose those real though nuts (or screws). This is a good tool to borrow or rent. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

TBOLT
They are very cheap to buy too, stay away from the name brands and buy an el-cheapo(did I say that?)I've got 2 I bought at an import tool place years ago and i suppose they never wear out? I f you use it a couple times it has paid for itself.-----IMO TONY

HubbardRA
Maynard, When I made the comment to your earlier post, I was talking about the small hand-held unit that you hit with a hammer. Bought my last one at a traveling tool sale for about $5.00. The hammer blow drives the bit into the screw and turns it at the same time. They are the best thing that I have seen for removing frozen phillips screws. By the way, I also use the technique that you posted. I have very few screw drivers that don't have vice grip marks on them. Rod H.

Tony, Your right, I bought a cheap one as well, still works perfect..... Rod, I know exactly what your talking about, i used it once for taking the case off a honda three wheeler, worked better than anything else i tried.....dont even try using a regular screwdriver...... Doug