Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Whats my Homelite (AC) T12 worth?

gjh

I know it's a broad question, but I have an opportunity to pick up a much newer 16hp Simplicity from my dad's friend. Can't have more than 1 tractor or one of my boats has to go! Anyhow it's a 1973-4 Homelite AC built 12 hp w/42" deck, I'm keeping all my attachments. I rebuilt the rear axle/seals etc this winter. Has hydrostatic trans. Is all original, runs good, except the voltage reg is acting up sometimes. I have all the parts books & owners manuals. As for condition I'd say it's 9 of 10 for original paint, etc. 8 ish for overall mech condition. Any thoughts?? Thanks for the input.

Thats a real good question. Really there are so few around, all in all, that no one is really aware of them as far as a collectors item goes. At the moment it looks like they are being sold here and there for about what any 30 year old garden tractor goes for $200- $400 give or take, depending on whats with them. I am of the opinion that one of these days these Blue and White beasts will be worth quite a bit more as collectors start taking notice. Take a look at the production, the AC built machines are a 4 year production tractor 71'-74' (and only half of 74'). Thats it, no more. Then the Simplicity built ones are even less produced, late 74' to 75'. (all as near as I have been able to figure out) Personally if I were you I'd keep it as an investment, especially when you have all the attachments that were made for it.