Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 720 vs Simplicity 9020

nighteye

I have a Powermax 9020 and have a chance to get a Service manual for an AC 720, I know they are very similar. Are the close enough to justify buying the wrong service manual? Are most of the components universal? What would such a book be worth? Thanks alot, Ken Nighteye

FORGIVE ME PLEASE, MFG#1690072 FOR THE 9020 I THINK THE LINK ABOVE WILL WORK, IF NOT GO TO THE SIMPLE TRACTORS PARTS AND MANUALS. GREAT CLUB FEATURE TONY

Thanks for the help Tony, I already have the owners manual and parts manual,which I see are downloadable, but while I was looking I found that I can get a Service (repair) manual right from Simplicity at a reasonable price. Thanks again for your help, Ken Nighteye

Nighteye, The 9020 service manual is worth the money. The parts manual is handy as well, but your dealer should have one for you to look at to identify parts. I'd also recommend the owners manual (if you don't have one) cuz there are some adjustments covered in there that aren't covered in the service manual. As for the 720, I do not know of any differences between it and a 9020 except for sheet metal. All other parts are interchangeable.

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian