Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Vinnie_A

B 208 S INFO NEEDED

Vinnie_A
NEED HELP FINDING A DIAGRAM OF THE PULLY LOCATION BELT SIZE AND THE AGE OF THIS TRACTOR AND ALSO WHAT DOES THE S SIGNIFY AFTER B 208? I BOUGHT A SERVICE MANUAL ON THE B SERIES FROM SIMPLICITY FOR $40 THERE WAS REALLY NOTHING THERE TO HELP ME IN A PREVIOUS POST KENT SAID THE HOMESTEADER IS A LATER VERSION OF THE B 208 AND LOOKS COMPARABLE TO THE THE BROADMOOR. DOES THIS MEAN THE PARTS WILL INTERCHANGE? THERE IS NOT MUCH INFO ON THE CLUB SITE ON THIS MODEL SO AM I TO ASSUME THIS IS NOT A REALLY A POPULAR TRACTOR ? I DO PLAN ON RESTORING IT IF I AM ABLE TO FIND SOME HELP ALONG THE WAY. THANK YOU, VINNIE A

Kent
Vinnie, The B-208S appears to have been a "dressed up" version with electric start, chrome bumper, different seat, perhaps bigger tires, etc. I'm not sure what else... Here's a link to the owner's manual on Simple trACtors: http://simpletractors.com/operation/b-207_%26_b-208.htm It was made at roughly the same time as the B-210/212 so that would mean 1969 timeframe, give or take a few months. I can't speak knowledgeably to the actual interchangability of parts with a Broadmoor, but I don't think too many of them would -- this is one of the "AC unique" tractors made in South Carolina. Attachments might interchange, though... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

PatRarick
Would have to agree with Kent in that the 208S was a "dressed up" 208. From what I have been able to find out, the 208S had larger tires, a chrome bumper, and a deluxe seat. In addition, the 208 had a "rope start" pulley for auxilary starting, while the 208S had a recoil starter. Pat

JCS
There used to be a B208BOY who asked alot of questions alonf time ago. The transmissons are different between AC & simplicity. The AC has an internediate shaft with two pullys so that one belt goes from motor to shaft and another belt goes from shaft to trans. These tractors pivot in the middle. A weak point (to me) seems to be the rear axles that are held together with a pin and cotter key. They start to wear and get wobbly.

Kent
Kenny, In this case, the "S" stands for Super... Their "naming system" is confusing for us, isn't it? Note quite as bad as the Model 616 confusion, though... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...