Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Heaven

I was driving down Hwy601 leaving Concord,NC,just the other day and I passed a house that looked like an old garden tractor convention was in full swing...I imediately slowed and began looking for any 71 vintage Landlords, which were obscured from view by what seemed to be every desirable old, AC, Gilson, Powerking,Rugg,and Simplicity that ever was.Even an old MTD that realy looked like a tractor.I spent hours going through the place....old stuff every where....he had a really nice old JD 110...and two identical twins to my 71 635 Landlord. Seriously ya gotta meet or at least talk to Bob Gabel , he's a great guy and he's got lotsa neat used stuff. I came out of the place with an arm load of goodies...and I must admit I was sweating when I presented the pile to Bob for pricing.....25 bucks...I was a happy man.
You can give Bob a call at 704-784-2836 you'll be glad ya did

Joe, Is that place right off Hwy 601 where NC 200 cuts over to Locust? I think I know where you are talking about. He has been around for a long time. Always has a few lawn mowers fixed up for sale. I live up near Hickory and I pass that place on the way to the Beach. Appreciate the name and phone number. I'm looking for some old Gilson parts, too. Maybe it's worth a trip down to look over what he's got.
Thanks,
Bill

Hey - does Bob have a computer? It would be nice the next time you go by there Joe to let us all know and we would be glad to give you our "want" list - what do you say? I know Tim is looking for a few vintage items and Hi-Low assemblys are a hot item and I think Kent is still looking for a tiller - you didn't pick them clean did you? :) Save some for us!

Bill , I think you're off a little in the directions. If you leave Concord on 601 going in the direction of Hwy 49,Bobs place is on the right just after the light at the end of the built-up section (town). You could also come up 49 from Charlotte to 601.Take the ramp to Concord he's about 1/4 mile on the left after the third light.I have a friend here local to me who has a couple Gilsons in the honeysuckle.I'll get ya his home number too if ya want it, it's near Asheboro.If ya know anyone wanting Bolens or especially rear engine snapper goodies , he is the man to see.....he has over 30 snappers in different phases of tear down.
Thanks for the come back,
Joe

Well, ok Jeff and Bill , I went by there today and it seems Bob has an old 486 he's dustin off and will be here with us in a couple days....man you'd have an eyegasm at this place....I hadda go back...it's only 100 miles, what the heck.....oh any wheelhorse fans like playin with those "toy" mowers ? He has a couple and .....ah well ...ya just gotta see it....oh we made a deal and if you guys get serious....I may own another old trac as commision!!!!
Thanks guys
Joe