Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C920 CHARGING SYSTEM

rak

Hello, This is a great site.I have a question about the chargeing system on my tractor. It doesn't seem to be charging correctly.I have checked the stator output at full throttle and have about 28 volts ac. Also it is not grounded . At that point I thought I had a bad rectefier,which I replaced to the tune of $170.00. Talk about wasting money! I would really like to get this problem fixed,and could use some tips.I also would like too see a wiring schematic of the tractor and engine if I can find one Thanks in advance, Rich

Hello, I guess I didn't put all the info needed in the post.I have a A/C 920 with a Lombardini diesel in it.I've just been charging the battery to use it. It has a 520cca small car battery from napa that works quite well to start and run it.I've checked the wiring as best as I know how without a schematic to look at. Thanks, Rich

Check wiring at key switch mine is intermittent charging there.My prob is switch,when you wiggle key while running charging works..Also could have a bad amp. ga. Batt. volts with eng running should be 13-14volts,,.

Maynard, It's time for me to ask the dumb question I've been confounded by for a long time. How did you insert that schematic in the reply? Carl

Carl you will need two cups of coffee for this. I downloaded simplicity's large frame tractor repair manual. In Adobie Acrobat Reader there is an icon to copy grafhics. Click on it outline what you want to copy. 1. Right click click on copy. 2. On the top menu click on window. 3. Click on Show clipboard. 4. Click on Display. 5. Click on Bitmap. 6. Open ms paint. 7. Click on Edit. 8. Click on Paste. 9. Click on file. 10. Click on save as. 11. Chose file where you want to save. 12. Name your file. 13. Click on drop down menue arrow on Save as type. 14. Click on JPEG file interchange format. 15. Click save. 16. Upload file to your gallery. 17. In post click on camera icon. 18. Copy url address from picture in your gallery. 19. Paste between brackets [ url ] HERE [ /url ]. 20. Post. 21. Drink Second coffee. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Maynard, Thanks for the procedure. I got my jpeg file another way but failed in getting it into 'My Gallery.' Guess I'll need to work on that part again. Thanks for confirming my general approach was OK. "The devil is in the details" Carl

Hello, What a great site this is.I wanted to thank Maynard for the schematic for my tractor. I havn't had time to check it out yet. Been cleaning up tornado damage at my sisters house,what a mess. Thank God, no one was seriously hurt or killed. I would like to know if I am getting the correct a/c voltage out of the stator. I think it is but I would like to be sure. Thanks for the help, Rich