Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dans-dad

Wonderboy 600 Reel Type

dans-dad
I just bought a Wonderboy model 600 mfg number 990230. I haven't found much info on one of these with a reel type mower deck. Is this common or not? The tractor is complete and original and I was going to part it out, but if this is a not so common, I hate to destroy anything that is limited. If you have any info on these, let me know. Thanks, Jeff dansdad@mowers4u.com

UCD
Jeff Do you have any pictures of it. I am shure everyone would like to see it. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Jonjacobson
i would have to agree don't part it out. if this thing runs, mow with it and you'll be sold. i have one with a rotary mower and it quickly became my favorite because of the way it leaves the grass looking. (like a golf course).

Jonjacobson
i was just lookin' at the "made when" area and didn't see a reel offered on the 600 wonderboy. gotta be rare. if you get a chance, look at the tag located on the transmission, right side and see if it has a serial number. (on the tractor, that is). the serial number tag on mine is blank where the serial number goes, i'm wondering if they all are? Keep her in one piece, man Jon

ka9bxg
I would love to have one like that.I know that it is not the early vintage because it has a steering wheel.First years they had tiller steering.I have never seen any reel mowers for or heard of them I know that there are a lot of simplicitys out there and there seems to be a lot of the rare attachments out there that we do not find here.I guess that they sold better out east than here in Wisconsin.Keep it around or if you must sell cheep I have a freind that is going out that way for some DavidBradley stuff.Bob

KSever
Talking about would like to have it. It's on Ebay. Although I know this is not the Ebay Forum but I had to post this here. And I think Maynard already put it in the Ebay Forum. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2056177753[/url]