Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

what's up with a hydro 4211

i recently purchased a hydro 4211 for 20$.just at a quick glance i would have to say in poor condition.how good are these tractors and are they worth the time and expense to refurbish.if it's just half the machine as my '65 broadmoor then i know i got a winner to tinker with for awhile.thanks for any feedback or suggestions. upy

roma3112
HI BOB Earlier this year i purchased a 4211 from a club member/dealer in danvers Ma. for $100. It was in rough shape (blown engine weel bushings ect ect) i probably put another 100 or so in parts into it and many hours of labor stripping it down to the frame to sandblast/paint. The tractor itself seems to be fairly well built, the hydro unit works just fine (and seems to be constructed to earn its keep) being in the lawn tractor category the frame and tranny are not like a sovereign or sunstar but i would feel pretty good in your case if i spent a few hundred bucks fixin it up. also i have seen these machines from time to time on ebay through the links posted here, i seem to recall in really good shape these things going for like 5-800 dollars. good luck john

JeffNemes
Actually they took the place of the Broadmoor very nicely. We have many that are 15-20 years old still running strong on one acre + lots. The variable hydro and 5 spd trans can also save a bit of time!