Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
charby5

1918H

charby5
I was riding around today and past the local JD dealership and right out front they have a Agco Allis 1918H. So I stopped and looked it over and much to my surprize I lifted the hood and seen it had a 18 horse Briggs Vanguard.I scurried home and brought up the Simpletractors page and started searches..I didnt come up with much on the line of this machine..(mainly due to my slowwwww connection)but what I was wondering is this the engine that came in these particular machines or did someone perform a transplant? Charby..... range apeel

MikeES
I don't remember a 1918H. If there was one, it would have the Kohler M18 flat (boxer) twin engine. It wasn't until they changed to the 2000 series (Legacy) that they put V-twins in the tractor. Are you sure it was not a 1718H? It came with a veritcal shaft B&S V-twin Vanguard engine. This would be the same tractor as the Sim. Landlord. Good Luck! Mike S.

charby5
Well im not sure what it is ..its seemed to me also that it would have a Kohler in it. Especially since it had Agro Allis decals on it ..thats why i had to post it ..The numbers I got of the id plate was (1692523)..and all it says is 1918H on the hood. It is physically bigger the my 7116H and a dead ringer for the duetz allis ultima only all orange instead of the green...Its a nice looking machine but if it had the Kohler under the hood, it would of probibly been in my garage by now .. Thanks much... Charby.... range apeel

charby5
Thanks Pat ..Like I said it just didn't seem right to me that there was a Briggs under the hood ,but just couldnt find any info on it ..not sure what they would take for it ,but since its sitting green and yellow sales lot ...probibly 1/2 again as much as its worth...lol thanks again.. Charby.... range apeel