Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

one point (sleeve) hitch diagram - where is it?

rickf

Hi, I know I saw this at least twice in the past, All my searching couldn't find it. Anyone know where the diagram is located? I think it was a 'build your own' thread, ( I want the dimensions, not the how it hooks up one) http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_200_2890_00_AT_SMA.pdf is the simplicity diagram. Also known as a 'brinley hitch', and seems like lots of past posts also refer to the upper part of the rear lift as a 'sleeve hitch' .... all a bit confusing to search thru. Thanks in Advance. Rick

The only one I can remember posting the pics and info, is dutch. Just did a search on the archived posts and I believe I found them, but the pics are no longer good. They were messages 3938 and 3983. Pat

Here is what I have, not a Brinley hitch but a sleeve hitch none the less. The longer one is for the cultivator and moldboard plow, the shorter one for carts, thatch rake, etc that has a narrow throat.

Thanks, As usual, I left a few details out. I was looking for the 'lower hitch' to attach a plow/box scraper/ etc. (see the pdf -only a 1 pager) Is there an expert who could say which part is truely the 'sleeve hitch'?the upper or lower part? It won't help the archives, but might avoid a bit of confusion in the future. Anyway, thanks for the pics, I still remember a 'technical' drawing with all the dimensions... I'll try to look up the past posts tonite and see if that looks familiar.. Cheers, Rick

Since "ex" means "has-been" and a "spurt" is a "drip under pressure..." maybe I can shed some light. The round "tube" that holds the top of the Simplicity-unique 3-point hitch is called a "rear lift" not a sleeve hitch. By definition, the sleeve hitch is what thedaddycat showed pictures of... it is a hitch that is "generic" to the attachment, but unique to the given type of tractor -- just like a Category 0 or 1 3-point hitch is generic to the attachment but the lift arms and such are unique to the tractor. The old B-series Allis and the Sovereigns/Landlords up to the 3300 series used the hitch like shown on the right -- while the later ones used the one on the left... You still must have a rear lift to use a sleeve hitch implement, or you'll have no way to lift up the implement. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Herb's the one, his drawing wasn't available on his site any longer, but digging thru my b112 folder, and there it was. the ' Sleeve hitch' or 'One pt hitch' or Brinley hitch... maybe this could go in the DIY section? Rick sorry pic is too large to get the full sequence uploaded, so you only get part web stuff: So, why is it AFTER uploading that it says the file is too large, and then post goes thru anyway, and then the edit function won't let me attach a smaller file...

Rick, I have another drawing of one that I believe Herb posted. There were some changes in dimensions and other things. They recommend bending the corners instead of butt welding them. I couldn't upload the file due to size limitation. I'll see if I can email it to you. If anyone else wants one emailed to them send me an email and I'll send it. Stan

FYI -- If you'll compress the picture down below 100Kb using one of these tools linked in the Resources section, you can upload it. http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/onlineoptimization/ Also -- I need to correct my comment above -- both the sleeve hitches pictured in thedaddycat's post are the earlier type. The one on the right looks homemade. I was in a hurry and didn't look close. Here's a link to the dimension drawings for one of those... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/hitch_adaptor.jpg The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...