Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

info for newbie

cranemech

Hi All, I've just discovered this site and it is a wealth of info. I have the opportunity to purchase an ac620 with front loader ($750.00) and tiller ($250). The tractor ran when I went to check it out and checked the hydraulics, but during the inspection it died. Looks like the fuel pump died. The tractor has been sitting outside awhile and the paint is in rough shape. The tiller shaft seal is leaking and the tines have been ground down to nothing and would need to be replaced. My questions for the accumulated knowledge here are 1) does this seem to be a decent price 2) is it better to go with an original style fuel pump or is an electric fuel pump a better option 3) what would all new tines for the tiller run approx. I plan on using the tractor for small odd jobs around my place (approx 1 acre) garden a little landscaping, etc is this tractor adequate ? Thanks, chad

It's not a decent price at all ... it's more like stealing it.... The loader is alone is worth the $1000 total price if it's in decent working condition. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Take it and run, but stay ahead of the law. The tiller will need 28 tines (14 lefts and 14 rights) at about $9 each. This unit should be more than adequate for your needs. Even with new tines and a fuel pump, you are way, way ahead of the game. Pat

Sounds like a great price! If the tractor has been sitting outside for a while,it may be something simple like water in the fuel,or a plugged filter. Snatch it up!!

Go for it. I am planning to build a loader, and just the metal and hydraulics for the loader is going to cost more than $500. If I had the chance I'd take it home with me. Rod H.