Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Throttle routing 3212v ! Help Please !

Does anyone have advice or pictures of how the throttle cable should be routed on this tractor(simplicity 3212v} I changed to a 10hp briggs from a 12hp and Im having a hell of a time . Thank you to Cougar for the pics on the throttle controls ,The pictures are a little worn out but I can see enough,at least I think I can. I beleive my problem may have more to due with the routing of the cables. Thanks Guys , Pete. Thanx for being here guys. Pete.

HubbardRA
Not knowing either of your engines I can't tell you directly. I removed a Kohler from one of my tractors which had the cable running directly from the dash to the carb. On the B/S that I replaced it with, I had to buy a very long cable so that I could go around the other side of the engine and come in to the carb from the front. If the engine is not off of one of these tractors, the cable hook ups will probably be different. I have two Kohler engines that look nearly identical, but the cable hookups are dramatically different. I had to fabricate brackets to hook up the cable on one of them. Mounting must have been on the chassis. Rod H.

Kent
I have no idea if this is the way it is supposed to be... but... My B-210 (equivalent tractor) has the cable running straight forward, just below the "curve" on the side panel, through a slight indentation in where that panel meets the bulkhead. It continues straight on, then down through the forward-most hole in the bracket shown for the governor linkage. It has a bent end in the cable that goes in a little hole in the governor's vertical linkage rod (the one with nuts on it), so that when you pull the cable out, it pulls the governor's linkage rod up... A clip between the upper and lower parts of the bracket keeps the cable housing from moving... Like I said -- I have no idea if that's the way it's supposed to be -- just the way it was when I bought it, and it works well. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

HubbardRA
My 10 Hp B/S was from another tractor (not a Simplicity). It had to have the throttle come in from the other side of the carb. Left side when you look at Kent's picture. That is why I needed a long cable and went behind the engine and back around, but it works well. Rod H.