Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

one more question for now

doogie_ac61358

What would be the best kind of hydraulic pump for an ac 716 and options for locating a tand for the fluid. This is the first time I have ever had to mount hydraulics on something this small (this is nothing like the dump trucks I am used to working on). Any thoughts? Doug Freeman "Angel from above"

This may not be a popular answer, but I think an automobile power steering pump will drive the hydraulics just fine. Most of them put out around 1500 psi at around 2 gal/min. I am going to use one when I build my loader. You will need to remove the tank from the pump and use an external. You can fabricate a tank from box beam and mount it up under the frame if you can't find a place for a round tank. Rod H.

Doug, Selecting a pump would depend on what jobs you want to do. A PS pump may be fine to raise a lower implements, larger would be needed to operate a log splitter.

I would suggest that you locate a Simplicity 7100 series with the factory hydraulic lift and take a look at how it is plumbed off of the hydro. I have one and it works great.