Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What snowblower is it?

hufhouse

There is a snowblower on ebay that looks really interesting to me, and the seller is only about 2 hours from my house. I e-mailed him for details about the blower, but he hasn't gotten back to me and the auction ends tomorrow. [url][/url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2054492955 Hopefully, the link to the auction should show above. (I've never inserted a link before, so I hope it worked.) Anyway, can anyone see any clues from the photos as to the size or model of this snowblower? It looks very clean and right now, the price is right. Also, it isn't real inconvenient for me to drive to. The ID # that shows in the one photo must be a serial number, because I can't find that as a part number on the Simplicity Technical Publications website or on the "What Fits?" section of the simpletractors.com website. BTW, I hope I am ok posting this question here even though it relates to an ebay auction. I noticed that no one replies to any posts in the ebay forum.

Try this link.....i used the 882 number and matched it with a blower right here in our club resources...i think this is the one..990882 Its as close as I can get, im sure some old tractor dog here can look at the pic and tell you right away good luck Doug http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1361_00_AT_S.pdf http://www.simpletractors.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/Main/search.htm type 990882 in the search above, start diggin around, its here somewhere

I looked at the picture, it is a narrow blower(36" or less) for the smaller Simplicities. I cant tell you what it will fit but it will not fit a Soveriegn type tractor, unless you use a different hitch, plus the narrow path wont cover your rear wheel tracks very well. My guess is that it is for a Broadmoor. I am one of the original club members, from back in December 1998. As I recall, this club was founded to share information to keep these good old tractors running, plus have fun while doing it. So I would say that your question is very appropriate. Simplicity snowblowers are awsome, I now own two, after using them for five winters I have yet to see snow to wet or drifts too deep for my Simplicity blower to handle.

That's the same hitch and blower that came with my Simplicity 717. They are very good blowers, I've used mine for 2 apt complexes with about 2 miles of sidewalks on both properties. Kris

As far as not replying to topics in the eBay forum... That forum was set up intentionally for pointing out eBay items that might be of interest to other people in the club. The topics are deleted after 10 days, so I guess many people don't think there's much value in having a conversation there, since it is temporary by design. I have pointed out a few things and commented on others that have been listed there... In comparison, this forum gets archived and there's over 3 years worth of Q&As (6000+ topics and 20,000+ replies) stored in it. It's a great resource and reference, because of that, if you'll search the archives.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

OK, this is getting interesting. The seller got back to me and said that this is a 42" snowblower with a homemade hitch that came off a Broadmoor. I have a 7117. Any help someone can give would be appreciated. The auction appears to end around noon Eastern on Wednesday, 9/25.

When he was selling this Broadmoor he stated the blower you're interested in was used on it. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2054490753[/url]

According to the #'s on the tag its a 32" blower for the 5000 series Simplicity.The 5000 series is about the same tractor as the older Broadmoor's.I think they are the same but I belive they have a longer wheel base so I would guess it will fit any of the older Broadmoor's.I wonder if he hit the wrong key while typing and meant 32". mowerman1193

quote:
Any help someone can give would be appreciated.
What kind of help do you want? There are 2 parts..... 1) Hitch 2) Snowthrower The Broadmoor hitch will not fit or work with your 7117. The snowthrower will work on your 7117 with an appropriate hitch.

Unless I get some new information, I think I'm going to pass on this. Generally, there is agreement that this is a 32", even though the seller says it's a 42". Thanks for the input. I would have never thought I could get that much information from "882"! A 32" wouldn't be the best thing for me to use with my 7117. I'll wait until something else comes along. Thanks again!

I have access to a 42" from a 700 series AC. Will that interchange? If so, let me know, the auger free, bearings sound pretty good. Needs to be repainted, but the hitch is included. John