Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Paint Colors

RayH

I am trying to find paint that will match the Simplicity paint on a 3416 tractor. I found thru the local Simplicity dealer (in Texas no less !) a deep orange spray paint # 1685611...the parts guy thinks this is the correct color. Are there any other sources of paint (white and deep orange) that would be close to matching the original colors i.e. kryon, etc. ? By the way, Krylon advertises the A-C yellow if someone is looking for that color. Thanks RayH

RayH, Some folks seem happy with the closeness of Chevrolet Engine Orange. You might want to test it, and see if you like the match. You can find a lot of discussion -- there used to be pictures also, not sure if they're still attached -- if you'll search for "Simplicity" and "paint". Be sure to check the box to search the Archives... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Ray, As Kent mentioned, some have used the chevy block orange. I included the link below, a tractor posted in our gallery. It belongs to Rich Paquette, it was done with a chevy block color. I was so impressed i went to Napa and had a batch mixed up myself.....something to think about. Good luck to ya. Doug http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/64_landlord.htm

Thanks for the info Guys ! I also gave the wrong info on the Krylon A-C paint, it's A-C orange. Since there are very few A-C or Simplicity machines in Texas, getting a good look at what a Simplicity tractor should look like is kinda hard to do, other than looking at pictures on this site...gotta depend on you guys ! I found some other engine oranges produced by Krylon http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/highheat.htm Any suggestions or opinions on the White ? Thanks Rayl

Go to AGCO get a qt. corporate orange go to auto paint store put in 1 oz qr ind. tint. PERFECT match,, total cost around 13 bucks. When used with napa 6004 reducer it shines like I've never seen, you can shave in the finish!,, you MUST use the napa reducer though,,,

Walmart carries farm machinery paint, I found it in a little display closer to the house paint than the spray paint. A/C ORANGE, JOHN DEER GREEN, ETC. I don't remember the name brand but I could'nt tell it from the corporate orange. TONY

Hello, Tractor Supply Inc. carries paint for farm implements in all kinds of colors. I even got some John Deere yellow there for a 1010 bulldozer engine I rebuildt for a friend of mine.I think they have an on-line catalog. Good luck, Rich

Hey, I've a Case 446 and a Simplicity 4040. I bought a gallon of orange tractor paint form Tractor Supply, which is perfect for my Case, and as far as I can tell the Simplicity is the same color. The paint is by AGri Systems, BPS 4431-64, J.C. Case Flambeau Red. Hope this helps, George H

• 4 weeks later...