Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

66" Landlord 101

john

I am new to this page but I own a nice Landlord 101 and would like to restore it .
It came with a mower deck, front plow and a 32" rototiller (wich I have used and they all work fine)
My problem is that the battery is not there and I dont know what type of replacement I should get, also the not shure if the starter alternater is working, Right now I start it by hand with pull rope under the seat and to get it gong I have to use some starter fluid in carburator .
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
I live in Stoneham Ma. I purchased the tractor at a yard sale for $200.

Battery type is 22NF. You could hook a volt meter across the battery to see if it is charging. It should read in the 12.5V - 14.5V range.

As for starting - for starts (pun intended) see if the choke is fully closing. You may have to loosen the cable clamp and slightly adjustment the position of the cable to make the choke fully close.

• 4 months later...
First of all, EXELLENT BUY!! As for starting your machine, make sure your choke is working properly, if not, remember fuel, fire, compression. If the choke is working ok, you may need to get a carb. kit and rebuild it. Another thing is sometimes the bushings in the throttle pin (carb. top assbly.) may be worn so much as to allow air to suck in. This could cause slow starting. Check your carbueration, that is most likely your problem. It may simply need fine tuning.