Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

?? regarding front wheels & bearings

Kent
A front tire on my B-210 has a cut in it. I have good used tires mounted on wheels on a Model 700 and B-1. I understand those antiques did not use tapered roller bearings. Can I use the wheels and tires off one of them on my B-210 -- at least temporarily? The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

PatRarick
The B-1 may have bearings in it. Don't know when they changed, but the early B-1's had bushings while the later ones had bearings. Can't find it now, but I thought there was a post stating the 700's had bushings as did the early 725's, while the later 725's had bearings. Pat

UCD
Kent If the cut is not to serious you can put a heavy duty patch in the tire and put a tube in it if you can't exchange wheels. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Kent
Thanks, guys. I'll have to yank one off tomorrow and try it, I guess. To be honest, I looked at the 700 and it looked like it had bushings, so I didn't look closely at the B-1... Not sure what happened, but I think it got sliced during the recent "run-away"... I went out to the barn, found it flat, and upon airing it up discovered the slice... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent
Nah... Jeff, we have "standards" in my neighborhood -- no riff-raff allowed. Seriously, on my street I think other than mine there are 3 Simplicities, one Ingersoll and only one Crapsman. No Deeres... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

thedaddycat
I took the wheels off a 725 (B-1 equivalent) and put them on the 3310 with the lug tires(after sandblasting and painting). The older wheels do not have holes for the front wheel weight bolts. That isn't a problem unless you plan on putting them on, though.

Kent
The Model 700 had bushings, but the B-1 had bearings. I'm in business now, though the tie tread doesn't match. At least it let me get the lawn mowed... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...