Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck Height Adjustment on Regent?

Hi everyone - Is there a way to increase the height of the Regent's deck above what the lift lever allows? Thanks PS - I am brand new to this forum. Bob in CT

Welcome to the club Bob It seems that those Regents must have that problem because I see alot folks wanting the deck to be higher.I can only say that make sure the tires are inflated to the proper psi.I have seen the rollers/wheels and the shaft they mount on get worn bad and make it not cut as high as it should. mowerman1193

Thanks Mowerman! I did have to add a little air to the front tire (second time in a month), and noticed a little more height. PS - I recognize your name from the GardenWeb forum also. Is that you? This forum is just as great! Thanks again Bob in CT

Bob, I am on the Garden-Web from time to time so it could have been me there.There is another mowerman name on the garden web with different numbers at the end. mowerman1193

Have you checked the front pitch? They tend to "nose" down as they get older and there is an adjustment on the right side for this, but first check the eveness side to side (adjustment located on the left side). Older ones seem to max out around 3 1/2" on the side and the newer ones almost 4".

JeffNemes, Thanks for your input. I have to read the manual, becuase I am unaware of the adjustments you mention. Hopefully, this can be recitifed! PS - I do notice that the deck hangs down a bit more on the side with the grass chute. Bob in CT