Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

16 GTH?

Bruker

Can anyone fill me in on a model 16 GTH? There is one for sale and the owner says it is around ten years old. The hour meter shows 365 hours, it has a 42" deck and it has a 16 HP twin cylinder Briggs & Stratton. Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Kerry, welcome to the club. I bought a 16 HP GTG. Gear driven. It cuts beautifully. Runs real nice. 195 hrs. on the Hobbs. Depending on the price you could be getting a real nice machine.....Good luck Art.

Hi, The 16 GTH i s basically the same as the Landlord. It looks like the picture in the previous post and will have either a 44 or 50 inch deck. I believe there is another 16GTH, it is the same as the 6516, which is a later version of the 6000 series, then the 6100 series, then the 6200 series, then the 6500 series, which was the first in the 6000 lineage to have hydro. Next it was called the GTH. It looks like the earlier 6000 versions, but was available with a 16 Vangard, and a17 Kohler twin with a 42 or 48 inch right hand discharge deck. A 16GTH, 17GTH and another !6GTH To make matters worse the same year there was a 17 GTHL 48" with a left hand discharge deck,which is essentially a 7117 The L designation indicated hydrdaulic lift which also indicated a family change. Talk about confusing the customer. I repeatedly voiced my opposition to the company about all of these confusing names. Put yourself in the dealers situation. Do you need blades for a 17GTH or a GTHL, or is it a 16 GTH, does it have the hydro lever between your legs or on the dash? Is the mower RH or LH discharge, 42,44, 48, or 50"?etc They make it hard enough for customers without thinking like this. I like the numbers like 4211 or 7117, life gets so much easier. Whatever version you are looking at they are good tractorsl Good luck, Al Eden