Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackcobb

Loader on an A-C 700 series

jackcobb
Seems to be allot of loaders for sale recently. I know the L-10 and L-12 were for B series, from the B-1 up to a B-212. There is a loader on a Homelite it looks like on E-Bay, that appears to be the same generation as a 712 or so. I'd like to put a loader on a 716H. Don't recall A-C ever offering one for the 700 series? Anyone have any experience with something on a Allis 700 series or Simplicity equivalent

HubbardRA
I was considering a loader for my 716H, but decided to built it on a Sears Suburban that I was not using for anything else. This way my AC would remain free for other attachments. Plus I have a 61 Wards (Simplicity) also. You may want to go back and review the posts from "thedadycat" about beefing up his frame to prevent BGB damage when using a loader. These were within the past two weeks probably 3 - 6 sections back. 710, 712, 714, and 716 are basically same chassis. If you use an L12 loader from another machine, you will have to find or make a mount to fit your chassis. The 716 frame is significantly different from the older tractors. You may be able to modify the other baracket. The loaders themselves are basically the same, just different frame mounts and pump mounts to engine. Rod H.

thedaddycat
Here is a look at the project. I got the holes drilled on the right side, will do the left tomorrow. The side plates are trimmed to the lines of the tractor since I want it to be unobtrusive. Here's a link to more of the story. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9173

Kent
I don't know of them ever being offered for the 3300 and later Soveriegns, but like Sam I have lots of gaping holes in the information I have. In addition to the concern about breaking the tractor at the BGB (the problem Kirk is addressing -- BTW do we get "tracings" and dimensions before those get bolted on -- put a subframe under it or some type of reinforcements under it.. The other concern would be on a hydrostatic tractor.... How will you manage all the controls with the right hand. I'm always riding the clutch when I "ease" into a pile of dirt or something to control ground speed. I'm not too happy with slipping the clutch on a hydro... if it were a foot-controlled hydro, it'd be a different story.... Just something else to think about... since I've considered putting a loader on my HB-216. I've found that I like the Johnny Bucket much better on the Big Ten with a gear tranny.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

thedaddycat
Kent, It is my intention to make this whole project a DIY article, complete with printable drawings if possible. For a peek at the next phase of the upgrade...... a heavier front axle to go with the beefed up axle pivot bolt. This is one of the projects I got the old right side hub assemblies for. I want to use old narrow rear tires/wheels on the front end.

SmilinSam
Here is the loader and story on one of my 900 series tractors. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8271[/url] When I go the tractor & loader it was a "half ass done " project. They started out good but neglected to tie the loader frame into the back half of the tractor. They then hung a big weight on the back and broke the bevel gear box housing from the stress. If you found a quick way loader like this , you would have problems mounting it on a 700 series because the frame is 3" shorter in length, and 3" makes all the difference in steering and handling especially when loaded. With a welder, a torch, and some ingenuity, anything is possible......