Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anyone familiar with Bolens 1050 transmissions?

spt1

I know it aint a simplicity or an AC but you guys are second to none when it comes to the knowledge everyone brings to the table... I got the husky 1050 running after about a week of putting it off. I am able to get it into reverse without a problem. It goes in Hi and low range. If I fiddle with the shifter just right I can get it into what I think is first gear and it too will go in both hi and low range. The other 2 gears dont seem to work. you put it in gear. let your foot off the cluth and the belts just squeal and if you dont push the clutch in real quick it will either burn up the belt or stall the motor. I visually checked everything and dont really see anything strange. Trans fluid was abit low so I topped it off with GL5 80/90 weight gear lube. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know where i can get some help on this one? I really would like to get this running, restored and keep it! Any little bit helps!

Join the Yahoo Bolens group. 2300+ members should be able to help you. [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolenstractorsclub/[/url]

Hi, Sounds like the transmission may be OK as far as the gears go. I would look at the detent springs and balls on the shift rails. Also check the interlock mechanism on the shift rails. Sounds like it is getting in 2 gears at once. Good Luck, Al Eden