Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mt40oz

Garden Mark Squire

mt40oz
I have recently acquired a Garden Mark Squire tractor that looks exactly like a 1963 Simplicity 725. The drive train, Briggs engine, hood, seat and everything matches, even the color. Is this possible. Did they make some extras for other companies? Where would I find the serial number? The engine is loose but not running. Seems to be in good shape. Robby K

Vinnie_A
Simplicity did make tractors for Montgomery Wards. My Montgomery Wards Squire 9 was painted gold not orange. I restored mine to look like the Early Allis Chalmers B 10 and was Also made in 1963. I kind of preferred the yellow over the gold. I suppose the real reason for repainting it yellow is that it reminded me of the A/C B 110 that served me well for 28 years. Your tractor is painted Simplicity orange and has Montgomery Wards decals? Never heard of that before I thought they were all painted Gold.

HubbardRA
My 61 Wards was painted the reddish orange color. Later models went to gold. Had mine for 17 years and would not part with it. Bought it as a box of parts. Currently it has a 14 Hp Kohler and is set up for tractor pulling. We have decided to retire from pulling, so I will be setting it back up as a work tractor during the winter. Rod H.

Marion_Kerr
I have a Montgomery Wards Squire 9 I recently bought. Someone painted it green but the serial number plate (a glued on version) was intact. It is located directly behind the seat on the rear fender housing. Yours probably was sanded off if it was repainted. Mine was originally the gold color. You might look in this area to see if it might have been left in tact and painted over. Otherwise, I don't beleive you can tell exactly what is is. You might be able to know the year possibly by the engine number is it is the original Briggs & Stratton engine. I know mine was the gold by scratching the paint down to bare metal in one area to count the paint jobs and find the original color.