Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower ID

goatfarmer

Where does one find the ID plate on a snowthrower?I'm trying to mount a snowthrower to the front of my 2110 Simplicity.The thrower came with a B210 Allis I bought recently. I saw no ID plate on the thrower anywhere.Got the thrower to mount up somewhat OK,but now trying to figure out the belt I need.Going to SimpleTractors,I come up with #106769 for the B210. Just want to make sure I get the right one. thanks kenny

I've seen a few attachments where the product or MFR # was stenciled (painted) on, but I think most were on decals that have come off over the years... As far as I can tell, that's the correct belt. That's what I use on both my B-210 and Big Ten... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Thanks,Kent,looks like dealer time. This snowblower has 4 holes that are supposed to line up with 4 holes in the tractor frame.The 2 rear ones lined up OK,but the 2 front ones are about half a hole off. I can only get 1 pin through,with some persuasion,the other one ain't even close.Sound like modification time? kenny

I'm not sure I understand the "holes" issue. As far as I know, it mounts with 2 pins in the front 2 holes... or at least that's the way I've been using mine. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, I have the same deal as Kenny, It hangs in the fnt hitch pin holes like the mower,grader and snow blade but also has two hole for a pins in the single tab ears on the front of the axle. Seems to keep the notch locked to the axle. I been using 1/4 in bolts in mine cuz thats all that fit at an angle..MPH

I don't think it is supposed to pin to the front axle, only that the notches go over the front axle. See the instructions at the bottom of the page at this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/snow_thrower/page_3.htm The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I used the rear holes to hang it,and the front holes were off.Sounds like it should be attached using the front holes only.Too many holes makes it too durned confusing!! We'll give that a try. thanks guys! kenny