Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mowbee5

tanman722001

Hi everyone, I have a question. Dose anyone know anything about a Mowbee5? Dose anyone have a pics of one?? Thanks for any help

Ahhhh, the MowBee's. These rear engine riders were sold by Allis-Chalmers Outdoor Power Equipment Dealers in the late,late 60's. There were two models if my memory serves me right. A 26" cut and a 32". I think the 26 was a pull start, and the 32 electric. They were a knock off of the famous rear engine rider the Simplicity WonderBoy. Very similar in appearance. One difference was the steering. The WonderBoy had a joystick for steering while the MowBee's had a somewhat steering wheel. They are yellow, as all A-C equipment of that era. They retailed around $350 back then, maybe less for the 26" pull start. Saw one within the last year on E-Bay that was never used, just out of the box. Can't recall what it eventually sold for, but it was big$$$$$.

That's good news, Jack! I have an old Mowbee with pull start and 26" deck sitting in my mom and dad's barn, just begging me to get to work on it. I have looked around this site and have never seen much of anything on the mowbee. I do remember using it when I was younger. It ran when we parked it, but had trouble getting it to move. As I remember it leaked oil onto the drive (which is some type of rubber cone?) and slipped when put into gear. Maybe I should get it out and work on it. By the way, it uses "handlebar" steering. Neat looking machine. DaveM