Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift - anyone using/used one?

Have an electric lift on my 7010 and use it only for mower deck. And like the Timex watch ,'for every licking it keeps on ticking'. Tractor is 22 years old and working fine. I wouldn't think of comparing to hydraulics, but if you just need up and down it will do OK. There is an optional gear set availble for lifting heavier items such as tiller and blower.

I had a 7016 w/electric lift which I sold last spring. I also have a sovereign(Agco-Allis) with hydraulic lift. The electric lift was a dealer installed item.

I liked the electric lift just fine, exept that it was very slow. I pushed snow with it all last winter.
Just like Bob said, takes a lickin, keeps on tickin.

Right in the middle of the big snow that hit here on Jan 3rd(I had twelve foot drifts), the lift quit working. Thought that I had tore it up because I was using it real hard. Got it into the garage and discovered that the ground cable for the battery was broke. Put on the cable off the B-210 and it worked fine again. It also worked nice on the tiller. I wouldnt be afraid to get another electric lift. If I was given a choice, I would take the hydraulic just do to speed. The electric seemed to have plenty of power.

Intesting idea Ron - I have a new electric lift kit for a 6000 series for sale for $150 - you would have to adapt it in yourself though - I don't think any were made to fit a 4000/Regent series.

Is there a electric lift for the blower avaliable for a
1995 Broadmoor? Speaking of blowers, I picked up a
used single stage blower/hitch/lift arm over the
summer. It is Simplicity blower with Honda decals and
a Honda part number. Apparently Simplicity makes the
tractor blowers for Honda. The only difference between
the Honda and Simplicity blowers is the mounting
arrangement for the spring assist. Somthing to keep in
mind for those of you looking for used blowers...

I am a little concerned about the chute clogging up when
blowing wet snow. I have heard that some people spray
the chute with Pam cooking spray. That gave me the
idea to use ski wax. Has anyone ever tried heating the
metal chute and applying ski wax? Or am I trying to
solve a problem that does not exist?

Thanks for any insights.

I think that if conditions are right - it will clog no matter what. There seems to be a certain condition with the temperature and the degree of moisture in the snow that it seems to start sticking - which is also the best time to make snow balls. Heavy wet snow will certainly be a test for the newer two stage throwers. If it becomes a problem try raising the thrower some and taking less of a bite. When it does snow here in NJ I like to get out there as soon as it stops falling if not a little sooner. If it is a heavy wet deep snow I would try to get out there every 6"-8" to make it easier.

BTW - people that are in the know are telling me it is going to be a very heavy snow season. :) :( ?

I have an electric lift on my 7013, I use it on my deck and snow blade, It's been on the tractor since 77 and still works fine. I wasn't aware of the optional gear set, does any one know if it's still available?

If you have an original lift kit, electric, the power gear set P/N should be 1685089 which is recommened for the tiller and blower. I am sure Jeff Nemes would be happy to quote you if kit is still available.

Electric lift - up here northern Wisconsin, working electric lift kits are hard to find! Most burnt out the motor in the first two or three years. Replacement parts are out of sight!! My opinion is that there was no limit switches on the ball screw and people did operated to the ends and eventually burned out the motors. The electric motors are $199.
Sno-throwers, I have thrown slush with mine and plugged only a few times. I have never plugged it with snow (on my HB212) now my 712 plugs all the time??? I know the HB212 spins faster than the 712. Auger rpm is the trick.
MS

If you have enough HP[16] and a hydro trac. wet snow is NOT a problem for a single stage blower! SEE in gallery the pic titled "3116H?" that snow was beyond snowball packing stage,it was just sloppy wet,like the weight of concrete,And that machine blew it away 12 feet high and about as far out with no plugging up of the chute!The secret with wet stuff is PRECISELEY the right ground speed,that's where a hydro shines through.And as far as the winter of '99-'00 goes, who's telling you it's gonna be bad, the snowblower salesman??!:>> dlc