Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wells Implement Decal Sets

ToddS

I recently ordered a decal set from Wells Implement for my B-212 tractor. My question revolves around the serial number decal on the lower edge of the front console. (Directly in front of the shift lever) I'm wondering whether or not people who have restored their tractors with these decal sets have been able to transfer the serial numbers onto the new decals. I had asked the Wells Implement sales rep but he wasn't quite sure what could be done. I'm not sure how the original decal was fabicated but it looks as though a simple alpha numeric punch set was used to make the serial number impressions. Without seeing the new decal construction or actually trying the punch idea I don't really know if it's possible. Any thoughts or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd

I've used Wells decals on my Big Ten and it looks like you could punch them in, as you suggest, though I didn't try it... This particular decal is pretty thick, and I think the impression would stay in it. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...