Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will an Electric Lift off a 7117 fit AC712

IronPony

Will an electric lift off a Sim 7117 fit an AC 712 tractor? Wow! What a great site this is for us weekend tractor buffs!!!!! www.family-fishing.com

According to my manuals, the 7000 series takes a 1690043 KIT and the 7100 series takes a 1690392 KIT. The difference could be major or very minor. Your best bet is to compare both parts breakdowns and see what exactly is different.

I did the opposite of what you are doing and the lift works fine. I took an electric lift off of a 7016, which should be the same as your 712 and installed it on a 912, which should be the same as your 7117, altough I do know that my 912 is an early model, 1979, so it is possible that there are some differences on the later models. Since the electric lift was a dealer installed option, that would lead me to believe that the electric lift kits probably never changed, but I do not know for sure.

Thanks for the fast answers!! My 712 is a "New" model, I think a 78. How does $150 + shipping sound for the electric lift kit? I am very new at this. Just found and bought the tractor while out taking my sife on a quilting tour. It was down the sidwalk from a quilt store in Souix City, IA. Kind of bought it because I needed one and because I appriciate a neat older tractor when I see one in such good condition. All original, only used to mow grass, one owner but does burn oil. An engine rebuild is in the near future. Thanks again for the input. Oh! I'm retired Air Force now running an open only in the summer, small Minnesota fishing resort. www.family-fishing.com