Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B-12 front lights

Karl_Brandt

I bought a AC B-12 a while ago with the front light bar & head lights missing,all the wiring and switch was there. I need to know how long the bar is,width of bar,how thick is the light bar. I have a idea how to bend the metal. Thanks Karl

Karl, Do a site search. Sometime back there were several discussions on the light support bar. I think there may even have been a drawing on one. Good luck,

Roy

Yes this tractor has hydraulics. This tractor now has a 16 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. I still need to know how long the bar is,width of bar,how thick is the light bar. I will be making my own light bar,I have a welder and cut off saw. [url][/url]http://www.simplicityva.com Thanks Karl

Karl, Did a site search. Could not find a drawing for the light support but did find a page on the light kit including the support. Check it out. http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/front_light_kit.htm Good luck,

Roy

Thanks Roy, I also did a search before and found nothing. I made a proto type light bar today,now I have to make it out of thicker metal.I made it out of 1/8"x1" flat bar. The picture helped me out. I bought some new plastic head lights today at TCS farm store. Thanks Karl

Karl, Part of the problem is the complex shape of this bar. It is stamped steel, about 3/8" thick, with the ends curving forward. In addition, on each side, just at the edge of the hood it has a stamped bend in it. This stamping is not quite the same front to rear, and the bar ends up slightly twisted with the front ends (where the lights bolt on) twisted down about 1/2" from level. The only straight, untwisted section of any size is where it goes across behind the grille... You could likely make a functional bar without a press, but not one that looks much like the original... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Hello Kent, I made the light bar out 3/16" flat bar. One side of the flat bar you make two cuts and then bend to a curve. Repeat for other side and then weld up the big spaces. The light bar looks almost like the original,but does not have the 1/2" bend you said about.The new lights have adjustment for up & down. I had the tractor running tonight,the rear light is still the original with new bulb. Now I have to make a seat cover for the seat. This tractor is not only for show but a work horse. Karl