Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need info on ac410

I have an ac410 I purchased over the winter.It has the shuttle speed transmission.I need the sizes of the belts and the idler pulley.I can only use forwards everythjing slips in reverse.I believe someone put the wrong size pulley on it.Alsoi would be interested in any attachments for this tractor.
Thanks Matt

Hi Tim, I you have not had a responce yet. The only thing I can do is give you the place I know where you should beable to get the information. Try University Lawn Equipment,Inc.-located in Pontiac Mi. Phone# 248-3737220-and ask for Mark. He is one of the owners and a member of this club. If you might need parts he can also get those. Give him a try maybe he can help you out. Good Luck Jackl

Matt, I believe the 410 is the continuation of the B series. Any B attachments will fit, these are usually the most available used. You'll find these in yellow for the Acs and red orange for the Simplicities. The attachment for your tractor were white to match the wheels and trim on the 410. Even the new Sovereign attachments should fit, but very expensive. Look on Simple Tractors under B attachments and all these should fit. If I'm wrong about the 410 somebody slap me. Tim

Matt, The mower deck is different for the 300 and 400 series tractors. They were driven from the front shaft of the engine (with an electric clutch) vs. from the bevel gear box as the B series AC and many Sim tractors. The mount is close. You can make a deck from a 410 work on a soveign or B tractor with the jack shaft PTO (just twist the belt in the other direction) but I don't think you can make a deck from a B, 700,900 AC or 3000 or 7000 Sim work. The 410 discharges to the right instead of the left. Also the rear lift kit on the 300 and 400 used a larger 1 point shaft than the others??? This is my experience but I may have been dealing with an oddball. Good Luck. --mike--