Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Which one should I keep?????

LesH
I have a Red Simplicity Landlord that needs some engine work and looks good,shifts fine, can accept a tiller and a Simplicity 6216 that runs good, shifts fine, has the vari-drive and can accept a tiller. Tires are all fine and each handles fine, each cuts good and the decks are in good shape......... I don't have room for both. The Landlord was made around '65 and the 6216 around' 85.... Which one should I keep????

Kent
The decision is basically an 35-year old heavier-duty Landlord versus a 15 year old, lighter duty tractor. What do you plan to do with it? Mow, till, plow, push snow, snowblower, etc.? Or just as a collectible.... Are you willing to do the work on a tractor that's 20 years older than the other, beginning with the engine? The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

arnoldir
I mow with a 6216, so my opinion is biased. The twin briggs is smooth as silk, and has power to knock down grass two foot deep (neighbors yard). For the winter I mount a 42" plow and 26x12x12 pullling tires and hustle the neighbors for $ when the snow falls. I've also spread and graded 9 yards of bluestone with it and have not blown the trans yet. However, I'm partial to my 800 pound 8 speed 12 horse gravely rider for doing the really heavy towing, and a Cub 122 I hope to go pulling with. I'd hate to have room for only one, but the 6216 would be it for me. Good luck, which ever one you let go will find a good home I'm shure.