Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question on Jeremy's snowplow?

JDSnyder

Jeremy Jordan's plow for his 725 just posted in the gallery shows a raised platform with a pin on it attached to the mounting frame. I have read previously on this site that somewhere along the line Simplicity did have a plow with the feature to change the blade angle from the seat. I have never seen one nor a picture or a drawing. Could Jeremy's mounting frame be one that had the angle change? That was a feature that Wheel Horse had for many years. Since the blade mounting frame stretched from the rear axle, their angle lever is mounted on the side of the frame in front of the rear wheel. With Simplicity's shorter front mounted frame, I've never been able to figure out how they engineered from the seat angling. Does anyone know the answer?

Check out the gallery picture re Allis Chalmers 720s plus 312 and you will see an installed front blade adjustable from the seat which fits the 616, 620, 4040,4041 powrmax etc

You are likely thinking of the 46" Heavy Duty plow. It has 5 angle positions that can be changed from the seat.

I have 2 identical plows,one I bought years ago for my 3410,and one that came with a 712 I just bought.They both angle from the seat,using a long rod,universal joint,and a locking mech.on the plow. kenny

I'm guessing that whatever the mod is to Jeremy's snowplow, that it was intended to hold some kind of weight... But I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas. It certainly doesn't look like a "factory option." The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...