Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Hydraulic Solenoid Valves

Dutch
For those of you wishing to experiment with hydraulics on your tractors, don't over-look solenoid valves. They can be mounted anywhere on the tractor (inside frame, under hood or seat). The switches can be mounted in the instrument panel, or even used with a remote control. Sure beats unsightly, bulky, and hard to mount manual valves. There are a wide variety of solenoid valves available, in a wide choice of pressures and flows. Solenoid valves can be "stacked" in a bank to control separate implements or cylinders independently.

Spencyg
I think most solenoid valves are just on-off deals. I forget the name of the proportional control electrical valves, but they are considerably more expensive. Of course, you could use a solenoid valve in conjunction with a flow control, but it would still be basically on-off, or on-off-on. I'm going to do a bit more research into the possibility of adding a full hydraulic implement power system...I think it will come in conjunction with a repowering of my 7016 with perhaps a bit more powah...thats "Maine Jargon" for balls.... Spence 197? Simplicity Sovereign 7016

RonT
Most of the electric valves like the one pictured have adjustable stops in the valve to control the flow. Parker is one of the company's who sell the variable electric valves. I think they are manufactured by Rexroth Not positive though. Ron Thomas #3