Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dtsr

Another Newbie

dtsr
I found this site by accident several weeks ago and have been reading, reading, and more reading ever since. I do have a question. I have a 2012 and just purchased a b-10 and a b-12. The 2012 and the b-12 both have a decal on the seat frame that indicates HI-LOW. However, I don't think either tractor has it. No additional levers or anything. I know the HI-LOW changes the gear ratio but how does it do it? David

Kent
It's a 2-speed pulley for the standard 3-speed tranny. Here's the Operator's Manual: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/high-low/high-low.htm The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

dtsr
Thanks Kent.... I use the 2012 a lot in the garden and I believe the Hi-Lo will benefit me a lot. I will be looking around for this. I plan to restore the B-10 and B-12 and later on I know I will have a lot of questions. Many thanks for your help. David

Jonjacobson
My 2012 also has the decal, but no hi/lo. I also have a B-10 which I recently hooked up a tiller to, and I think I could benefit from the hi/lo. Seems like mainly just to hold her back. I have to slip the clutch to travel slow enough, and when I do this the tiller grabs and propels the tractor forward. I have not seen any of these for sale, but would like to see some exploded views of this thing. maybe could build one?