Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oops there went my PTO pivot bar assembly

JohnInMI

Ok, I made the mistake of tightening the nut on the PTO pivot point just a bit too tight. It was popping out of being engaged, so I thought if I just tightened it a bit I'd be ok. Well, it seemed to work a bit tighter and instead of me waling up to the garage and grabbing the 9/16" wrench I thought I'd just force it and then finish mowing. Well, the bolt that is welded to the pivot bar assembly broke off. Doh! So, I'm going to call around a couple of local dealers tomorrow and see what kind of luck I have, but if anyone knows of a machine that they are parting out and can sell that part let me know. The part number I have looked up is a 157233 (from the 990468 manufacturer number - it's an hydrolift converted to manual) since I'm using it as a manual lift a 154362 may also work. I've attached a picture of the broken part. Thanks! [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=johninmi&file=419"][/url][url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=johninmi&file=420"][/url]

If you know anyone handy with a welder, they should be able to fix you right up. Alan On edit, or you could mail it to me and I'll do it

That's what we call government jobs at the machine shop at work! If I can't find one, I'll have it done there.

Yup, Looks Federal to me too! Where are you in MI? I'm outside Ann Arbor (South Lyon), Heck, I'll do it for a few Mountain Dews...... (LOL) JP