Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jrichason

Vacuum Hose Alternative?

jrichason
Hi, My vacuum collector currently has a short hose on it that is just long enough to reach the trailer. It would be nice to have a longer one for picking up leaves, but I don't really want to spend $150 on it. Has anybody found an alternative to the somplicity replacement hose? Thank you, John Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

jrichason
Thanks Dutch! I don't know why I was thinking that I wouldn't need the shorter hose. Maybe it's all the leaves. Thanks again for your help, John Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Spyder
Hi all, You may want to explore dust collection equipment for hoses, nozzles, and such. [url]http://www.woodworker.com[/url] is a viable source. I have an extensive dust collection system in my shop and these accessories prove invaluable. A section of 6" x 18' of hose is $70, not too bad. DaveG

DaveM
I actually used a 6" piece of solid plstic field tile from my blower to my trailer. This is the kind that does NOT have slits in it. It's a bit stiff, but I was able to bend it and attach without much trouble. DaveM