Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
alanscott

Anyone in Tennessee?

alanscott
If I remember right, Dover is about 40 miles from Clarksville and about 90 from Nashville, but I haven't been out there for quite awhile. My Grandad lived in Bumpus Mills about 100 yards from Lake Barkley. Reason I'm asking is I inherited his place and he had quite a few old dead tractors sitting out back and I was wondering if someone close wanted to inventory what's there. It's right at a 1400 mile drive for me. He would buy an old one and run it till it dropped then buy another one. His last machine was a 3 wheeled Xmark (?) and I gave that to one of his old buddies when we went out for the funeral. I do remember at least one Simplicity and it seems like he said that the transmission went out on it, seems like there are 3 or 4 total. That's probably why I'm spending so much time on this B-10, it would have been right up his alley. Alan

gretsch
Kent: If you ever come back home, you will be a very close neighbor of mine and Roy's. I can hear the Smokies a calling now. Allan: I did a search on yahoo maps. Bumpus Mills is right near the Kentucky border north-west of Nashville so that's about 230 miles from me. Illinois and Ohio members may be interested and possibly closer.