Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2110 throttle cable

Dadsy98

I'm in the middle of putting back together a 7010 when my wife comes home with a 2110 from a nearby auction. Geez, famine now feast ! Well, I look it all over and charge the battery. The engine turns over and starts. While it's running I watch for any trouble signs. Trouble found: Mice had a condo in the fan shroud. So, gotta pull the engine to clean it out. Now everything is back together. I just can't remember how the throttle cable connects. any pics or diagrams out there? This is a B&S 243432 type 0123-01 code 6803041. Tractor model 990432. ...meanwhile back to the 7010... Steve

Kirk, Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm looking forward to it. Kent, I tried that set up earlier. To me it looked like the governor wouldn't do it's job that way. This machine is new to me so I'm learning from scratch. Also being a RBT person I'm not accustomed to the FDT experience :) Steve

Steve, You need to have enough slack "loop" in the cable to make sure it doesn't interfere with the governor's linkage rod. I've seen others that used a little bracket that bolted onto either this hole or one of the intake manifold bolts to hold the cable. The cable must be parallel to the governor's linkage rod and pull it up or push it down... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

This is what mine looks like. Sorry I couldn't get a better shot, but not using the flash was worse than using it. I have the left hand throttle control on the 3310.

I've got a 2110,and the cable hooks up like Kent describes.Mine uses a bracket bolted to the intake to hold the cable in place. kenny