Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

brooklyn show attendance

JimV

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks who braved the weather and came to the show even with the bad weather. When I set up friday night I was wondering how many guys would show up with the forecast showing all rain. But once again we had a great turn out, 21 tractors on the display line this year not to mention a few others in the for sale area. We had members from as far away as Cape Cod, New Hampshire, Western mass. we also had Conn. and R.I. members too. Just goes to show you that AC/Simplicity owners are just as tough and reliable as their tractors. As much fun as this year was I am really thinking about an event in warmer weather. Maybe a late summer family picinic or something along those lines. I think the Brooklyn show has had the highest member turnout of any of the club get togethers nation wide. Imagine if we did it on a nice day...LOL Well I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did. Take care Jim V.

Jim - Although I didn't go this year (it was pouring where I live) I was looking forward to going and am really upset about missing the show! I certainly appreciate your hard work and would definitely attend any other show with better weather. I would even go to another this fall - if one were offered up! Colin

Jim, Thanks again for setting this up. Though I arrived late, I had a great time in spite of the weather. I'd posted my initial thoughts on the show in a different forum, earlier... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9885 Keep up the great work! Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Here are a few shots of the event. Sorry I didn't take more, but the digital camera doesn't like rain too much.... Some Orange & White I took the 3310 over the puller's scale with the JBJr. but not the counterweight, and about 1 gallon of gas. 1077 pounds..... without the counterweight on one end and a full bucket on the other and me in the middle. That's why I made those plates so heavy..... The Yellow row That loader would look a lot nicer on my tractor... I mean in orange...lol The Kids driving in the tractor parade. There was a nice G there, but I didn't get a shot before he left....sorry.

Hi Jim I had a great time, really enjoyed looking at all of the for sale stuff. The weather however was a different story. I'd have to vote for sunshine at the very least. Good pics Kirk reed

• 2 weeks later...
hi, i just seen that there is a show for these tractors. i wasnt aware of this. i sure would like to go to one. please let me know where they are and when they are held. is this like a swap meet and to show off our tractors etc. thanks