Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Playing in the Dirt...

SmilinSam

Got the 38" HD tiller up and running that I got from Les the other week. Works ReaL smooth compared to the 36 " and 32" tillers. I also had a plow left laying around here so I decided to finally try out one of those too.... Since the Brinly hitches sell so well I have never kept any, so I made one. Made it from the hitch piece off a wrecked 32" tiller. Just straigtened the bends out , cut off the ends to length and welded the end, pipe, and center bar in place. Didn't have anything to measure from so I just "winged it "from a picture I had. Made the lift link from a lift rod out of a old Landlord. It all seems to work pretty good. Still have some finishing up to do on it yet. On the tiller , I had to rob the idler group off my 36" tiller and get the right length of belt. Also had to adjust the location of the idler tension spring. This thing works a lot nicer than the other type of tillers. The only drawbacks I see is the excessive weight and it does not till as deep as the other types. It really makes the tractor squat when you lift it up. On the loader equipped tractor I don't need front counterweights, but on anything else it would be required. Still looking for a way to increase depth. Anyhow, I had fun in the dirt today. Won't be a whole lot longer till its going to be covered with that white stuff................

Nice work Sam, what a talent you are! Im surprised that you cant get as much depth....what a hog those heavy duty tillers are huh? Doug

Very Nice Sam!!! I like playing with the old 30" tiller with no side or rear shields..... Dirt showers in the forecast!