Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
johnmonkey

New to me parts

johnmonkey
I ran in to an older gent (~82) with an AC big ten. It needs some work and in exchange for some work (I'm going to replace his couplings with the fiber disc type) he gave me the following parts; A spring tooth harrow,a homemade scraper blade,a cultivator with rear adapter, a front axle (from a simp) a 23d 10 hp engine (the engine is torn apart and the parts are somewhere in boxes). He is looking for an original gas tank- Does anyone have an original tank for an AC big ten? We could possibly swap the engine for the gas tank. It also needs a left side panel. If anyone could help I'm sure he would be much abliged. Any help would be appreciated. John H- PS I have been busy at work plus my server is still sloooooow it still takes more than a minute per page to load and it is frustrating so once again I have been out of the loop. I hope all has been well with everyone!!! JH

Kent
John, New gas tanks are still available for about $85-90, if you can't find a good, solid used one. Good ones are hard to find, but some are still available. BTW, I'm posting this from a motel room in South Carolina over dialup modem at 30kb -- it's certainly not speedy, but it keeps moving along.... Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...