Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Engine conversion kits?

mowerman1193
Hi Everyone, I know I seen this before but I can't seem to find it.There was someone making bolt on kits to convert the old Landlords motors to the new Vangard I belive.Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, mowerman1193

UCD
Kevin Al Eden Repower Eng. [url]http://www.repowereng.com/repowereng/[/url] Al Eden's Repower Engineering provides complete bolt-in engine replacement kits (in addition to adapters) for Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers tractors, replacing older-style engines with modern OHC or OHV twins. Has good information about "engine conversions." Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

UCD
Mike No one is going to get mine. If and when my engine goes south I am going to spend the $2500 to $3000 to get a new Lombardini. More than worth it compared to What you get today for a tractor at that price. I have put mine though HE DOUBLE L and it keeps coming back for more. But I take care of it and keep it serviced. Of all the 7790's the local dealer sold mine is the only one left. The biggest reason the others are gone is that they weren't maintained. Big misconception diesels are low maintained and last forever. They will if serviced properly. Al Eden Sells a good product and service. Most people do not want to spend the money for a new diesel but don't want to get rid off a good tractor either. But in my opinion a new 25 hp gas engine does not have the brute power that the 18 1/2 hp Lombardini has. I almost bought a new one but after trying it out decided to stay with my 7790 it is twice the tractor a new 25 hp is. Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD