Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Check out my new tires

mowerman1193
Thanks to everyone that helped me find the good deals on tire's.Thought I would post my results.I know its not a AC/Simplicity but what do you think?As you can see I still have work to do on it.Pretty hard to drive without the steering wheel. LOL mowerman1193 P.S. I can't seem to get the photo in the message body so click on the file below. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=mowerman1193&file=466"][/url]

SmilinSam
Masseys do make nice looking tractors all restored up. I just got a call to pick up a MF12 for junk this weekend. I have found they part out, as well as sell whole, on Ebay pretty good. There seems to be a sizable collector following for them. Sam

mowerman1193
Thanks Kris for putting that up.I just read in the Coffee shop how to do that.I think I should be able to do it now. LOL Thanks Doug,Alot of time,work, and a little money is starting to pay off now finally.I started to give up on it several times over the past year or so and part it out.Now I am glad I did'nt. Art,I will post it again when its done but....that might be awhile now as I think mid next week I am going to be taking a chunk of my tractor money and buy my first bigger Simplicity tractor.I have several old Broadmoors and love them,now I got to have this Landlord I looked at the other day.Its about a 1964 MFG#990314 with hydro-lift.Missing motor and has the wrong hood but might get the right one in the deal.I will be paying about $100 for it and I know thats probably high but that Hydro-lift just makes my arm feel alot better on a cold winter night.LOL Sam,You got that right about those Massey's on Ebay.I sold a couple of those plastic hood caps(around the headlights) for 75+.Those plastic dash's do good on there to usually.It's to bad I did'nt know that when I started restoring this one because I would of parted it instead. mowerman1193

BigSix
So that's what they look like, new (the tires)...nice. That's a pretty sassy-lookin' Massey. Looks like a pretty stout machine. What year is it and what'll will it's mission be? Btw, re: your Landlord, I believe that's one of the first years for Hydrolift, isn't it? Those mid-sixties Landlords are the best-looking Simplicities, IMHO. Peter

mowerman1193
Peter, Its a 1971 Massey Ferguson MF12 12hp Tecumseh hydro drive trans.Yes they are a very stout tractor, but most of the tractors in that era was fairly well made. As far as its mission,I would have to say it has been already served.I am a stay-at-home-dad (Mr.Mom is what some call me) and its nice to just go out in the garage for some peice and quiet.Plus I really like tinkering,and restoring things. The hardest part of this project was finding the parts and having the extra cash for them when I did find them.When I get it done I will probably keep it to show for a year then put it on ebay or sell it at a show.I don't really see it to be practical to use as in my area they are pretty rare and parts are hard to find used.In the 3 years I have owned it I have only seen about a handfull like it here in MI. I agree with you about the looks of the early Landlords.I don't really know when the hydro lift was introduced to the Simplicity tractors,but I would guess it to be around then. Thanks, mowrman1193

Kent
As far as I know, the hydraulic lift was first available for the 1964 models, the 9HP Landlord and early B-10 Allis-Chalmers. It doesn't fit the B-1/700/725 models -- they had a totally different bulkhead and dashboard layout.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...