Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

AC712S

IronPony
This is my newly acquired tractor. I was driving my wife around IA and southern MN on a quilt shop tour and found this sitting next door to a quilt shop in Souix City, IA. See, quilting can be fun for men!! I really did not know what I was buying or if I was paying to much. It fcame with a 42" mower deck, snow blade and chains for $450.00. The motor smokes a lot and will require rebuilding. Click on the icon and see my tractor. Got to go for now.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=howlanddm&file=470"][/url] www.family-fishing.com

IronPony
What a great club! I was able to find a new seat and use my orignal seat metal with the AC logo. Now I am still looking for an affordable K301 or 321 to replace or rebuild for this little fun tractor!! Then next spring I'll need a rear tiller. Thanks to all you tractor smart club members. Dan www.family-fishing.com

MikeES
Dan, where did you find a seat that works with the original seat pan? I could use about 4 of them. Thanks. Mike S. Good Luck! Mike S.

IronPony
Found the seat cushion at a store called MACs Hardware which is more like a surplus store. I know it is a chain of sorts. There is a big store in Fargo ND and another big store in Aurora CO near Denver. Here in Detroit Lakes MN we have a small MACs store. I don't know if they are on the internet. I bought three different cushions before I found one that fit. They were all $9.99 each regardess of size or shape. LOL Dan www.family-fishing.com

Hey alright! very nice. You are gonna be having some fun!!!!! what a score. Doug

goatfarmer
Nice tractor! I've got a 712 Hydro I bought from a co worker a few months ago.It also has a Kohler that uses oil,but this engine was supposedly rebuilt a while back.