Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HELP PLEASE! Bevel box technical question in 3212V

EZDUZIT

Hi Guys, Please help,had a bevel box in my 1970 3212V crap out.Case part # 154062 {at least in the simplicity parts book,that 6 sure looks like an 8 to me though !! } I have gotten another box out of a another tractor [must be out of a NON variable drive tractor],same Part # on the case.the drive shaft or side shaft is too short on the right side where the variable drive pulley goes on the good box. My bad box has the shaft that needs to go on the good box.My question is . Will they interchange ?? and if so ,where do I find the information as to how to do it ? Do I need any special tools and if so ,what ?? I really need a fast answer !! you all know whos side of the garage the split in two tractor is on,and boy is she pissed !!!! Thank you all for being here........... Pete.

Pete, Shaft should interchange between cases. Contact Simplicity a get a "Large Frame Garden Tractor Repair Manual." There's a lot of info that will help you now and in years to come. Don't think it's available as a free download. If your going to exchange shafts, do yourself a favor and don't take shortcuts with the BGB. Inspect carefully and replace bearings & seals, cone washers, torque correctly, and set backlash right. No special tools are required, and the manual will instruct how to make wooden jigs.

Pete and Dutch, You can get free download of the manual if you have plenty of ink and paper. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_973_01_SV_SMA.pdf Greg

I own the original and I believe you will be happier by purchasing the original manual from Simplicity. 270 pages printed single side, which most people will do, is half a ream thick. If you use an inkjet, the ink costs about what they charge for the manual anyway. If you use your boss's ink and paper you walk away feeling guilty. My 1 cent's worth.

I have to agree with Woody. I printed my own. Combine the cost of ink, paper, and TIME, plus the wear on your printer, and you are better off purchasing the manual. Pat

I have the original book but all so have the file saved on my computer. that way I can print out just the page I need. The page is easier to lay open on the bench and my big book dosn't get all grease or ripped. Plus I can post a print here if you guys need to know something. I have 8 hard manuals 46 manuals saved on my pc plus a handy little thing called a Simplicity dealers products & parts cd Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD