Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where is Simplicity model # located on old riding

We have an old Simplicity riding lawnmower in which we are having problems locating the model # on it. It's probally 20 years old, I don't know off hand
the size of the mower deck but it's a smaller size.
Any ideas where we could look on the machine would be greatly appreciated!! If more info is needed let me know and I'll try and get it.
Thanks in advance.

Deb, On my 1978 Simplicity, the ID# is on a plate located behind the shift lever, half hidden under the seat. Mine is a rather large garden tractor, though. I couldn't tell you about the smaller ones.
Good luck, and I'm sure more knowledgable sources will be filling you in soon!

On my older tractors the id. is behind the seat on the rear panel. I don`t know anything about the rear engine riding mowers. I`m sure some one here can help. JBLACK

Deb, if you could give just a bit more info, perhaps we could too. Is there a 'model name' or 'number' decal somewhere (other than "Simplicity", of course)? Something like "Wonder Boy 600" or "Serf" or "Regent" (I wish I could remember all the names they've used, but someone here will). Lacking that, could you state engine horsepower, front or rear engine, approximate deck size, one blade or more? Any of that sort of thing will help. What you are looking for is a small silver and black decal with a "Manufacturing" or "Mfg" number and a serial number, which is what's needed for parts and service. Or, if it's feasible, just show it to a Simplicity dealer; most are very helpful.
Fred

Hi there deb, I am not sure if yours is the same as mine ,
but mine was very hard to find as well and I did end up finding it on the transmission
stamped in just to the left of the right rear axel.
Mine had the date of manufacture and all, just scrubb
off all the grease and it should be there. Hope that helps.